The VTTA is the National body for time trialling for the over forties, administered through sixteen regional groups. The groups are managed by their own elected committees, each responsible for providing a programme of time trials and social events.
Latest news | News archive
Annual prizegiving luncheonPosted 19th October 2016
OK folks, here's the information you've all been waiting for:
Annual prizegiving luncheon
Sunday 27th November, 11.30 for 12.30 start
Please send cheques (payable to Carlton Park Hotel) and menu choices to Alan Sides (not me!), 3 Blyth Road, Maltby, Rotherham S66 8HX by 12th November.
Group competitions 2016Posted 13th October 016
Notice from Phil Morgan, Group Chairman and Recorder: It’s the time of year to start filling out some forms! There are two forms you need to fill in: Group Competitions Entry Form And Standards Claim 2016 and National Competitions Entry Form 2016. Please note:
- All times must have been recorded in events listed in the CTT Handbook - club events are not valid
- You must have been a member of VTTA North Midlands group at the time of your rides
- I must have received your completed forms by 21st October 2016
Group Competitions and Standards
Fill in as many rides as you can. I will use the times you fill in on this form to enter you for any relevant group competitions. This includes using your 50 mile and above times for the Prestige Points competition. If you registered for Standards (i.e. paid the extra £10) you can claim your standard(s) on this form as well, just cross the box in the ‘Claim Standard?’ column. Remember, if you claimed a standard in the previous 2 years you need to have bettered your plus to claim again this year.
There is no cost to enter these, and you will be given a placing in the national VTTA competition; your name should also appear in the 'Veteran' at some point to mark your achievement. There are three National competitions (see the notes on the second page of the form) - the minimum you need to have ridden is two 10 mile and two 25 mile events. The last qualifying event for this competition is the 15th October 2016 and I must have received the form by the 21st October 2016. Just fill in Parts A and B, then sign and date at the bottom - do not fill in section C - that's my job.
For both of the above entry forms, you must provide proof of your time. This can be done in two ways:
- Send the completed entry forms and a copy of the result sheet for each event with your name highlighted. It must be a full copy, no part results sheets please. If you require the results sheet back, you must include an SAE. No SAE, No return!
- I will accept times that are shown on the results section on the CTT website (and only the CTT website) with a few conditions to make my job easier:
- You must fill in the forms electronically and email them back to me along with a clear list of links to the correct results page on the CTT website so when I click on them the correct results page displays
- Please give each link a title above it (e.g. 10 Mile, 25mile etc.) so all is clear
- Please test each link. If I receive links that don't work, I will not be spending time trying to find your result on the CTT website, I will return your entry for you to do the old fashioned way
Remember! The closing date for all the above is 21st October 2016 - don't be late!
- Post to me, Phil Morgan, at: The Four Limes, 27B High Street, Whitwell, Worksop, Notts, S80 4RE
- Email me at: email@example.com
- Ring me on 07710 793603 but please remember I do work for a living so if I don't answer leave a message. Please don't ring after 9pm or before 9am or you will not be popular!
Tickhill Velo 10, O10/1, Saturday 13th AugustPosted 15th August 2016
- Keith Ainsworth 21.37
- Patrick Murphy 21.49 - read Patrick's blog about the race
- Chris Ledger 22.16
- Karen Ledger 22.59 (1st woman)
- Mick Lamb 22.59 (course pb)
- Steve Hollowood 23.07
- Al Norton 23.46
- Andrew Ziemacki 24.50
- Alix Archer 24.57
- Ant McNamara 25.36
- John Smith 26.49
Bridlington CC 10, V718, Saturday 13th AugustPosted 15th August 2016
Well done to Karl, Steve and John on their Elmsall RC club 10m team record of 1hr 04s. Yet another slightly disappointing ride for me on yet another windy day.
- Karl Caton 20.41 (right)
- John Martin 21.37
- Steve Scott 22.04
- Alex Deck 22.13 (5th woman)
- Pete Stirk 24.23
Recent bits and bobsPosted 15th August 2016
There are always a few events on less well known courses... Alan Cooke (pictured) was 11th overall with a course pb in the Weaver Valley 25 on the J4/8 and Trevor Mayne braved the ECCA 12hr event down in Cambridgeshire and covered 267 miles. Fantastic effort Trev! Chris Melia made the trip south too, for the women's national 25 and finished a brilliant 14th in a huge, top class field. Well done Chris. Paul Heggie did the Darlington CC 25 on the T254, and was fastest 60+ with 1-02.25. Great stuff Paul, what a good season you're having. Andy Newham nipped over to the darkside for the Bassettlaw triathlon and finished 16th out of 212. Oh and last but not least, Chris Wallis and John Martin rode the Stockton Whs 25 on the T252/3 and finished with 58.42 and 1-01.31 respectively.
Drighlington BC 25, V237, Saturday 6th AugustPosted 15th August 2016
Memorable for many reasons, this event did produce some (genuinely) good times:
- Karl Caton 57.33
- Mick Lamb 1-00.15, (right) course pb, well done Mick
- Steve Scott 1-01.07
- Tony Keyworth 1-04.44